The Golfo Dulce is a magnificent body of water, full of dolphin, sea turtles, and clean, clear water. Jacque Cousteau declared it to be one of the most pristine waters in the world, second only to the Norwegian Fjords. Iguana Lodge is located where the Golfo Dulce meets the Pacific Ocean. Gorgeous!
At Iguana you can enjoy swimming, boogie boarding, surfing, paddle boarding and kayaking out to the nearby reef.
To get out onto the gulf itself, we can arrange a variety of water adventures.
- Spend the morning viewing magnificent dolphin (three species are here in the Gulf)
- Search for whales, sea turtle, whalesharks and other sealife
- Enjoy World Class fishing (sailfish, marlin, dorado, rooster, snapper, snook, etc)
- Explore the Rio Esquinas and its mangrove estuary – head up at high tide in a boat, then head down via boat, kayak or paddleboard
- Kayak out to our local reef or up the nearby Rio Platanares
- Surf, Paddleboard, Boogie Board, Snorkel
- Take a night swim and check out the bioluminescence
- Head up a variety of rivers to search for the American Crocodile, the famous iridescent blue shrimp, poison dart frogs, a variety of snakes, etc.
Check out the Iguana Lodge Tour Book info here.