WORLD CLASS FISHING
THE BEST WORK SPACES
ROOMS YOU CAN LIVE IN
YOGA AND MEDITATION
STAY A WHILE
We are offering a clean version of Iguana Lodge.
Our rooms are rented out on a long term basis. Weekly room cleaning service is included. You have use of a fully equipped kitchen and laundry as well as all our wonderful facilities such as yoga decks, tennis court, and art studio. High-speed fiber optic internet access is included. Iguana Lodge will be lightly staffed 24 hours a day, every day.
What is not included but can be provided at a charge is food service, laundry service, additional room cleaning services etc. We can tailor services to your needs but this will be on a la cart basis.
If you like quiet with occasional interaction with others this is a great choice. For those that need the high pumping city-style experience this is not the place for you.
Pricing starts at $875 a month and is individualized based on length of stay and additional services requested.
WANT TO STAY A WHILE OR HAVE QUESTIONS? ... contact us
- Costa Rica has a dual system of national health care and private health care. Generally, the same doctors work in both systems. Health care costs in the private system seem to be at least 1/3 that of the USA.
- Some US insurance companies work with the Costa Rican system but you need to check. Generally, it is set up for reimbursement.
- Locally we have a fluent English Speaking Doctor. She is a General Practioner. On-call 24/7. Available for lodge and office visits. Connected with emergency services if needed.
- Pharmacy in Puerto Jimenez. Speaks some English.
- Full Service Dentistal in Puerto Jimenez. Speaks English.
- 24/7 Ambulance service.
- 24/7 Local Emergency Clinic.
- Closest Hospital is 15 miles in Gofito. Several world-class hospitals in San Jose. (5 hour drive, 45 minute plane ride)
Staying In Touch
- High-Speed internet – fiber-optic connection.
- Robust WIFI throughout the property.
- Pay as you go cell phone SIM cards for purchase.
- Office phone available.
- Full use of the Iguana Lodge kitchen.
- Designated food storage.
- Meal services available including food purchases, meal preparation, and service.
- A well-stocked modern supermarket in Puerto Jimenez.
- Pearl of the Osa Restaurant food and drink services (please note this may or may not be available)
- Numerous restaurants and bars in Puerto Jimenez.
- High-Speed internet – fiber-optic connection. Great Skype, Zoom, Meet, Whatsapp, Facetime and Cloud Connections
- Robust and professional grade WIFI throughout the property.
- Equipped office with copier, scanner, and printer.
- Clean, organized locations for professional remote meeting environment.
- Office supply store in Puerto Jimenez.
- While you can work remotely in Costa Rica you can not work for companies in Costa Rica without a work permit or Costa Rican residency. What that means do not expect to come down here to get a job in Costa Rica.
- All-weather tennis court
- Best Beach on the Osa: empty and sandy.
- World-class fishing
- World-class surfing
- Kayak and paddleboard available at no charge
- Art Studio. Includes a fully equipped ceramic studio, piano, and easels
- Several yoga and meditation decks.
- Spa services
- Incredible wildlife spotting
- Quiet roads and beaches to run or stroll on.
- Lots of hammock and hang out areas.
- Lots of board games.
Peace of Mind
- COVID is in Costa Rica but, at this time, it is not on the Osa Peninsula where Iguana Lodge is.
- Costa Rica has been doing a great job of dealing with the virus. Costa Rica has been aggressive, responsive, and transparent in testing and fighting COVID. They are doing significantly better than their neighbors and the United States.
- Iguana Lodge follows if not exceeds all Costa Rican health directives to minimize exposure to its guests, workers, and those in the community to COVID.
- Costa Rica now requires that you have travelers insurance to cover you if you have COVID ( $50,000 max) or have an extended stay because of COVID ($2000 max) This policy can be bought in Costa Rica or by outside insurance provider.
- When you fly into Costa Rica you can land at one of two international airports. The main one in San Jose is more convenient to access Iguana Lodge.
- From San Jose to Puerto Jimenez you can take a local 50-minute flight to Puerto Jimenez. You can also rent a car or hire a taxi. Driving directly is about 6 hours. If you take the bus it is usually 8 hours or more.
- Iguana Lodge is about 10 minutes outside of Puerto Jimenez by car. There are plenty of taxis or you can rent a car in Puerto Jimenez.
- Outside of a car or taxi you can rent or buy a bike for your stay. It is about 20 minutes by bike and 45 minutes by foot to town.
- There are also delivery services that can pick up and deliver items or food from town.
- Our staff can help set you up with your transportation needs.
The Little Stuff
- Spanish is the main language of Costa Rica but many Tico’s speak some English.
- The Costa Rican colones is the currency but dollars are equally accepted throughout the country. Everyone seems to the know the exchange rates. Credit cards are widely accepted.
- There are two banks in Puerto Jimenez. Both with ATM’s. You can also go into the bank and get cash against your credit card.
- Electricity is the same as in the USA. 120/240 volts 60 hertz. The plugs are generally US style.
- Costa Rica has a national water system and water is considered potable from the tap unless otherwise indicated.
- When you enter Costa Rica you will get a tourist visa. Generally, this is for 90 days but there are a few countries that are allowed less time. You can renew your tourist visa by crossing the border into Panama and then returning. This takes about 1/2 day to do if you are getting close to the end of your visa.