Traveler’s Insurance may not only insure you against trip cancellation and delays, but it may also insure you against theft and loss. If you are traveling with expensive equipment, it’s a no-brainer, and generally costs about three percent of your trip.
If you do purchase it, make sure you understand what it covers. See https://travel-insurance-review.toptenreviews.com/
Here are some of the things that it may cover:
- Trip cancellation or interruption because of a covered medical problem that you, your traveling companion, family member or business partner may develop between the time you book and the end of your trip.
- Trip cancellation or interruption because of burglary of your or your traveling companion’s residence within 10 days of your departure or during your trip.
- Non-delivery of services, bankruptcies or financial defaults of airlines or tour operators.
- Expenses arising from an accident or sickness during your trip including evacuation or repatriation to a hospital near your home if your situation is acute or life threatening.
- Payment for lost and delayed baggage.