Fortunately for us (and you), we are located on the best beach on the Osa, no kidding. We decided to move here when we took a swim. Enjoy our…
- Six mile long, gorgeous, deserted stretch of beach – made for swimming, boogie boarding, paddle boarding, and kayaking – and as luck would have it, a new fast surf break has developed in the last few years as well.
- Reef less than a half mile out, so you can kayak, paddle board, or swim to the nearby reef and snorkel for hours.
- Warm tropical water. It’s sublime – around eighty-four degrees.
- Bioluminescence in the evenings – swimming becomes a Tinkerbell-esque experience. Really cool.
- Sandy and swimmable beach – unlike everywhere else around. (While all hotels show sandy beaches in the promo shots – the truth is that our location has the only sandy beach in and out of the water. There are other great gorgeous beaches, but when you step into the water, you realize there is slippery treacherous rock underneath… just saying).
- You can walk for miles without seeing another person, but you can’t avoid the scarlet macaws.
We have a great places for you to relax on and around the beach, such as our beach deck overlooking the surf with deck chairs and yoga mats, as well as a sprinkling of native palapas and a large hammock shack right on the beach. We even have Wifi out there – and sometimes take our work to the beach…Hah!
- We provide beach sarongs and beach mats.
- Use of our kayaks, boogie boards, and paddle boards are complimentary.
On Tuesday nights we have a festive beach barbecue under the stars, and there are frequent volleyball matches on the beach in front of the Pearl. Our local Puerto Jimenez High School has nationally ranked volleyball players – they visit us a lot – feel free to join in. Costa Ricans are wonderful people!
This beach is where the Playa Preciosa Turtle Project takes place. During the season (May through December) if you are lucky you can see turtles nesting and baby turtles hatching.